Underwater Art Competition
Selection of current Marine Visions 2008 entries
‘Marine Visions’ - Open Medium Art Competition
Retrospect Gallery in association with the Byron Underwater Festival is hosting the second inaugural ‘Marine Visions’ Art Competition and Exhibition.
Not to be confused with the ‘Underwater Photo and Video Shootout Competition’, this is a fantastic opportunity to display and sell your work over the course of the festival and be in the running to win over $3000 of great prizes including cash, a full PADI Open Water Course, framing and printing and much more.
Our team of professional judges including the Echo’s Jeff Dawson, Lismore Regional Art Gallery Curator Stephen Alderton (T.B.C.), Candy Baker from Arts Northern Rivers, Mathieu Meur and the festival organisers Tim & Wandy Hochgrebe.
We announced the winners on Friday the 2nd of May at a lively exhibition launch held between Retrospect Gallery and Bo’s Café, 52 Jonson St Byron Bay.
Marine Visions 2008 Winners
Best Environmental Awareness
- Dalian Pugh with “Resting Wobbegong”
- Daniel Clements with “Shellform One”
- Katka Adams with “Those who go to sea without biscuits return without teeth”
Criteria for Entry
- Deadline 17th April 2008 No entries after this date will be accepted.
- Entries must be accompanied by a high resolution jpeg file (minimum 1500 pixels wide/high), description (up to 100 words) and dimensions of finished work.
- All works must be related to the Marine environment - either above or below the waterline.
- All works must be “ready to hang” and be of exhibition quality in any medium or sculptural form.
- All works must be dry.
- All works must be for sale.
- “Photographic Award” Award
- “Fine Art & Sculpture” Award
- “Retrospect’s Choice” Award
- “Environmental Awareness” Award
- Peoples Choice Award (Public Vote at the Exhibition)
Entry Deadline: Monday 17th April 2008
Exhibition Date: Friday 2nd May 2008
See Byron Bay transform into an underwater art gallery157e